How does this work?
Physician members simply selects two-hour time blocks during their consultation days. Patients viewing a physician’s schedule can then select a time block to visit the office. When the patient visits during that block of time, they simply become the next patient in line seen by the physician and are “fitted” into the physician’s daily schedule.
How do I join?
APPLY via CONCIERGE KEY HEALTH – requires annual re-accreditation
1.) Board-certified* applicants that are frequent publishers of peer-reviewed articles in medical journals within their specialty or have served as a principal investigator of an FDA clinical trial within the last 3 years may qualify to apply directly to CKH. As applicable, please list your article(s) that have been published in peer-reviewed medical journals during the past 12 months (or 3 within the last 5 years) by clicking the link below. Applications will be promptly reviewed and approved by the Executive Committee of CONCIERGE KEY Health. Re-accreditation must be renewed annually based on continued research publications in your field of specialty. There is a $200 application fee.
APPLY HERE: www.conciergekeyhealth.com/apply
APPLY via WORLD PHYSICIANS ORGANIZATION – one-time, comprehensive accreditation
2.) Board-certified* applicants may apply to World Physicians Organization (WPO) by clicking the link below. WPO is a global physician leadership and accreditation organization for faculty members and high influencers across all medical specialties. The WPO membership application process is prompt and comprehensive and takes into consideration your contributions to your field as well as your reputation among your peers. As an additional benefit to WPO members, annual membership includes a complimentary CKH ‘On-Demand’ family membership (valued at $5K per year) as well as other exclusive membership benefits and preferential access afforded to its membership. There is a $200 application fee. If approved by the Board of Regents, an initiation and annual membership fee will apply.
APPLY HERE: www.worldphysiciansorganization.com/apply
*NOTE: Board-certification is not required for the following fields: Primary Care and General Dentistry.
What are the expectations of me/my staff?
· Physician member fills out profile on app
· Physician / Designated Staff members watch a short training video and successfully complete a brief quality control quiz
· Physician / Designated Staff member selects time-blocks in the mobile app for on-demand visits during designated times
· Download the patient’s medical history and insurance information (already embedded in the patient profile in the mobile app) prior to the patient’s visit (patient does not fill out a clipboard or provide insurance information upon arrival to the physician’s office)
· Staff member greets the patient by name upon kiosk QR code check-in, and is escorted discreetly to an exam room to await the physician member as the next patient in line for a consult
· Physician greets the patient by name and politely conducts an on-demand 10 minute consultation with patient
· Physician / staff bill insurance or patient directly for cash payment for their designated health services provided
· Physician schedules next appointment for surgery or further follow-up outside of the mobile application
· As each on-demand consultation will receive a rating of the overall experience by patients, Physician / Designated staff are expected to work to maximize the experience of patient members and their resultant score
How is this different from “regular” concierge medicine?
Most concierge medicine services get into the actual practice of providing healthcare services (“designated healthcare service”). We at CKH only provide “on-demand access” to participating physicians, not the healthcare service itself. Therefore, we DO NOT participate in billing for consultations or such health services. Additionally, many doctors providing concierge medicine services turn their entire practice into a concierge medicine practice, which often involves joining a concierge practice group, opting out of Medicare, and/or shedding patients from their patient rolls, resulting in immediate risk of loss of practice revenue. While CKH excludes Medicare beneficiaries, physician members are NOT REQUIRED to alter their normal practice of medicine or opt-out of Medicare beneficiaries or even alter their daily appointments other than to accommodate brief (10 minute) on-demand consultations.
Do concierge primary care providers view this as competitive?
No. Primary care providers have expressed interest in and have joined CKH as a means to augment patient introductions to their own practices. CKH also gives primary care providers the ability to finally provide on-demand access to specialists and to offer annual physicals and follow-up (Designated Health Services) to new on-demand patients visiting their practices. In a recent survey conducted with over 85 concierge medicine patients (with PCPs), approximately 89% responded that they see CKH membership as incremental to their current PCP arrangement and would therefore purchase this on top of their annual concierge PCP agreements.
I am an employee of a hospital or a private equity group – can I be part of the program?
Yes, your participation is considered a consulting arrangement with CKH, similar to other consulting arrangements you may participate in with other healthcare industry groups. Unless your employment contract states that you are prevented from performing consulting services, there are no limitations to your participation in CKH.
When does the program launch to patients?
The program is anticipated to launch to patients in January 2018.
Is there training provided for me and my staff?
Yes. Brief training videos and performance quizzes (that must be completed and passed by both physician members and designated staff) will be provided on the app to you and your staff.
Can you explain in detail what it takes to get my office onboard with CKH?
PRACTICE ALPHA Phase Details:
· Complete e-training videos & assessments
· Enroll as many as 100 of your existing patients in a complimentary trial (during this phase, patients can schedule appointments only with you)
· Practice achieves a greater than 4 out of 5 star CKH app patient rating (average)
· Practice enrolls a minimum of 30 patients
· Practice completes a minimum of 10 unique CKH patient On-Demand visits
· You personally invite at least two (2) of the following physicians within your city to apply for CKH participation: PCP, Pediatrician, OB/GYN, and Dentist (via the CKH mobile app)
· Group On-Demand Retainer: Once you have completed the above PRACTICE ALPHA requirements, you will be eligible to receive the Group On-Demand Retainer, equal to $400 per patient enrolled nationwide split amongst all participating CKH physicians
CITY BETA Phase Details:
· Physicians that have completed PRACTICE ALPHA requirements advance to CITY BETA once a minimum of 16 doctors across 8 core specialties in your city have successfully completed PRACTICE ALPHA
· Enroll as many as 250 of your existing patients in a complimentary trial
(during this phase, your patients can schedule appointments with ALL other CITY BETA physicians as well, and vice versa)
· Your practice must remain in CITY BETA for at least 30 days
· Your city achieves greater than 4 out of 5 star CKH app patient rating (average over 30 consecutive days)
CITY LAUNCH Phase Details:
· AKA “official revenue launch.” Your practice is now eligible to officially launch and participate in the Individual On-Demand Retainer ($600 per patient that selects you as their Key Physician)
· Gives you the ability to enroll as many as 500 patients (paying)
· Patients who participated in PRACTICE ALPHA / CITY BETA Phases will be issued a $300 credit towards the purchase of an annual CKH membership ($3,000 individual, $5,000 family)
- Provided they purchase a membership within 60 days
· At this point, you and your staff will benefit from both the Individual On-Demand and the Group On-Demand Retainers:
o Individual On-Demand Retainer (you): $600 per patient that selects you as their Key Physician
o Individual On-Demand Retainer (your staff): $100 per patient that selects you as their Key Physician split evenly amongst all staff members with a CKH app account
o Group On-Demand Retainer: $400 per patient enrolled nationwide, shared by all physicians that have successfully completed the PRACTICE ALPHA Phase
Does the CKH Mobile App connect to EMR/EHR software in my practice?
No. Physician members/Designated Staff will each have access to the Mobile app and will schedule “on-demand” time-blocks and receive notifications of patient on-demand selections and arrivals accordingly. Everything required for membership and full participation is on the CKH mobile app.
How do I receive CKH Individual and Group On-Demand Retainers?
The CKH mobile app includes a Physician Dashboard which displays performance metrics (ratings and average wait times by patient members) as well as the last month’s Retainer payment (Individual and Group Retainers) amount. Both the Individual and Group Retainers are paid monthly to your linked bank account for auto-payments. Each Physician and Staff Member member is required to complete a W-9 for 1099-related payments to physicians. Physician members and Staff Members are NOT considered employees of CKH, as their primary occupation is their practice of medicine for providing Designated Health Services.
Is the CKH Mobile available in both iPhone and Android applications?
Initially, for our beta test through December 31, 2017 in participating metropolitan areas, only the iPhone application will be available. With our national launch we will include both iPhone and Android versions of the mobile app.
When do I start inviting patients and how do I do it?
Physicians can start inviting patients directly from the app once the app is launched. Physicians can also invite patients from a simple-to-use physician online portal.
Does CKH charge subscribing patients a fee that is paid to the participating physician?
When a patient is enrolled, the patient selects a "Key Physician." At that point, CKH charges the patient an $1,100 annual provider fee on behalf of the participating physician and pays $600 of that fee each year to the selected specialist. In addition, $100 of the annual provider fee is split evenly among the participant provider's staff members that have a CKH app account. The remaining $400 is split among physicians with a CKH app account based on patients' satisfaction and other scores.
How do I invite other doctors?
You can invite other doctors through the app and web portal. For each physician that applies using your unique invite link, you will receive a $100 credit to your account that can be used against future any fees assessed.
How many total physicians will CKH admit?
Physician positions are limited in each city, and once filled, will be unavailable for additional applicants. CKH will admit approximately 350 in 2017 and an additional 200 physicians across all medical specialties in the United States in 2018, for a total of 550.
We plan on admitting up to 2,000 physicians in the United States over the next several years.
Can someone else in my practice substitute for me to a CONCIERGE KEY patient?
No, only the physician selected by the patient can attend to that patient. If you are not available, you can instantly update your schedule to show yourself as not available.
My schedule is usually booked out for consults a month in advance. How does this fit in?
You will simply fit in CONCIERGE KEY patients for a short consult (10 minutes) when they arrive at your practice. This is a common practice among healthcare professionals when doing favors for friends & family or visiting “VIP” patients.
How do I deal with surgery days?
If surgeries are booked for the morning and the doctor is open for consults in the afternoon, then the doctor can mark his afternoon time-blocks “open” for on-demand.
Does CONCIERGE KEY take any partial billing on services provided to patients?
No. CONCIERGE KEY does not collect anything from any healthcare services provided by the doctor to the patient. CKH only collects “on-demand” service retainers which are, in part, paid to its physician members, as passive income.
I’m a surgeon and don’t have many recurring patients. How will this benefit me?
Of the $1,100 annual provider fee CKH charges patients on behalf of the participating physicians, $400 is split among physicians with a CKH app account based on patients' satisfaction and other scores.
I’m not an active doctor and only work part-time – how does this benefit me?
CKH can help augment your income as a part-time practitioner, as you will participate in the Group On-Demand Retainer, regardless of how frequently you work. Additionally, you can earn direct income by enrolling patients into CKH.
I’ve recently retired – how does this benefit me?
If you are not practicing, you cannot participate in CKH.
What if my city isn’t launched yet for CKH / not a designated metropolitan area?
Your practice and city will remain in PRACTICE ALPHA mode until there are a minimum of 8 doctors across 8 key specialties (1 per specialty) in that city according our actuarial/mathematical analysis. By inviting doctors in other specialties to apply to CONCIERGE KEY, you can accelerate the launch of CKH in your city. However, even physician members in non-launched cities and towns WILL PARTICIPATE in the Group On-Demand Retainer of $400 per patient member enrolled nationwide.
There are 8 required specialties, as follows: Cardiology, Dermatology, Gastroenterology, Hematology/Oncology, OBGYN, Orthopedic Surgery, Ophthalmology, and Urology.
You will be able to invite other doctors from the app and web portal.
I live too far from the nearest metropolitan area – how does this work?
As long as there are a minimum number of physicians in your city / geographical area, your city will be able be launched for consumers interested in purchasing a membership.
What if I’m on vacation?
Physician members will be able to schedule vacations in advance, which will turn off your availability to patients during the time you have selected to be on vacation.
How will I market this to my patients?
We will provide you with a “business-in-a-box” simple and detailed step-by-step marketing program which will contain all the tools and information you will need to successfully market the “on-demand” service and mobile app to your patients. Additionally, to invite patients, you will be able to upload a list of your patients into the CKH web portal, which will send them a templated invite email inviting them to join CKH.
Do my staff members participate?
You will provide staff members with individual logins to the mobile app. For each patient that selects you as their Key Physician, $100 will be even split among staff members with accounts on the app. Before each patient’s visit, staff members will be expected to download and print the patient’s insurance and medical information from the patient’s mobile app profile to ensure a seamless experience for the patient, and make sure CONCIERGE KEY patients are seen “next” upon arriving to your office.
Does the program include dentists?
Yes, the program includes dentists.
My patients don’t have to wait to see me – so why do I need this?
Patients receive on-demand access to not just you, but to all physicians (PCPs and specialists alike) in the CKH group.